Park Avenue Congregational Church
50 Paul Revere Road, Arlington, MA 02476
SUNDAY SCHOOL COORDINATOR/LEAD TEACHER
Park Avenue Congregational Church, UCC, Arlington, MA, an Open and Affirming Congregation, seeks a part-time Sunday School Coordinator/Lead Teacher.
PACC offers is a warm welcome and a sense of belonging. We are seeking an individual who can build on that through their leadership in our Sunday School program. We seek someone who can cultivate a positive, nurturing relationship with children, youth and families so that church is a place where they feel loved and valued on their faith journey.
The primary function of this job is to plan, lead, and oversee all elements of Sunday School, including:
– Working with a chosen curriculum to plan lessons for two classrooms;
– Seek out volunteers from among the PACC community to teach and assist in classrooms;
– Have materials ready for classrooms on Sunday mornings; lead-teach in elementary classroom each Sunday;
– Encourage older youth to help out in Sunday School classes and possibly collaborate in planning activities for these older youth;
– Work with Pastor and Youth Music/Interim CE Director to coordinate occasional special Sunday School events, supplies, etc.
Applicants would ideally have a commitment to progressive Christian faith, experience working with children, and strong collaboration skills. Applicants should be comfortable working in a church environment, demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills, and be punctual. Applicants should have excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
The job requires approximately 8-10 hours per week September to June, and 5 hours per week in the summer months. Hours will include Sunday mornings 9:30-11:30. College degree or equivalent work-related experience is ideal, but current college or graduate students will be considered. Work is primarily on-site at PACC, 50 Paul Revere Road, Arlington, with some remote work OK. Pay is hourly ($18-20/hr depending on experience). ** This position has excellent growth potential for a candidate who seeks greater responsibility and exhibits strong leadership qualities.
Park Avenue Congregational Church, UCC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.