Mission and Justice Matters
Join the Mission and Justice Working Group to discuss how to distribute our 2017 funds and to plan our 2018 efforts on Monday, December 4, at 7:00pm, in the Fireplace Room (upstairs) at PACC.
Spread Christmas Cheer!
- Holiday Helpers – Town of Arlington
- Sign up to provide gifts for a family in need by contacting Lauren Evans. Those who have signed up, bring your NEW, UNWRAPPED gifts to the Parish Hall by Dec. 3. Leave tags on and provide a gift receipt. Or contribute with a check made out to PACC (memo line: Arl Helpers) or by donating wrapping paper, tape, and gift bags.
- Holiday Heros – Youth Villages (Germaine Lawrence)
- We made Christmas brighter for our neighbors, the young women at Germaine Lawrence! This year we presented gifts to four young women on November 26.
- Christmas Shop – City Mission Society
- Provide Christmas gifts for Boston area families in need! Bring new, unwrapped gifts to PACC by Dec. 17; leave under the tree in the narthex. Suggested gifts: winter coats, sweaters, sweatshirts (large sizes needed); hats, mittens/gloves, scarves; socks, underwear; blankets; backpacks; toys, games, books for all ages; gift cards. Learn more at: https://citymissionboston.org/engage/christmas-shop
- NEAT (Neighbors Eating All Together) dinner – Saturday, Dec. 16, 5-6pm at St. John’s Church (74 Pleasant St).
- NEAT is a monthly community dinner, free of charge and open to all, designed to fill hungry stomachs and create relationships among neighbors. To help set up, plate food, serve, or clean up, contact Kate Lindheim or look for a Chat email.
- Arlington Food Pantry
- Bring non-perishable food items & household goods to church by Sunday, Dec. 3. Find high need items here: arlingtonfoodpantry.org
- Axuda small loan program – Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless
- Axuda crowd-funds small, short-term, interest-free loans to individuals and families who need a helping hand. With just $25 or $50, you can help support someone in a time of need; when it’s paid back, use your funds to support someone else! Learn more: www.axuda.org
- UCC Christmas Fund – Christmas Eve
- Many retired pastors in our denomination served at churches who couldn’t afford full pension payments. This special offering helps supplement their income and provides emergency assistance to clergy and church workers. Use the blue envelopes in the pews or write checks to PACC (memo line: “UCC Christmas Fund”) to help support those who have given their lives to serving the church! Learn more: https://www.pbucc.org/index.php/christmas-fund-home
Save the Dates
- Jan. 13 – MLK Jr. Day of Learning, 9:30am to 3:30pm United Parish Church,
- Jan. 15 – 30th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration, 7:00pm Arlington Town Hal