In addition to ongoing opportunities for those who attend PACC to contribute to the Deacon’s Fund and annual collections for “One Great Hour of Sharing”, “Neighbors in Need”, and “UCC Christmas Fund” (formerly Veterans of the Cross), PACC’s Mission & Justice budget is used to make contributions to a variety of organizations whose work we applaud and appreciate.
Below are the Mission & Justice ministries we have supported in2010 at the local, national, or international level.
Click on the links to see more information about each organization.
- Arlington Youth Consultation Center –(promotes social and emotional well-being of Arlington’s youth and families)
- City Mission Society – (promotes social justice in the Boston area)
- Cooperative Metropolitan Ministries – (promotes social justice in the Boston area by mobilizing congregations and communities across economic, religious, racial, and ethnic boundaries)
- Council On Aging – (provides advocacy and services to Arlington’s elder population)
- Housing Corporation of Arlington – (works to prevent homelessness and provide affordable housing in Arlington)
- Mass Conference of the UCC – Our Churches Wider Mission (MAUCC) – (provides funding for the work of UCC Conference and National ministries in support of the life and work of the local church and its members)
- Somerville Homeless Coalition – (provides services, support, resources and housing to over 600 men, women, and children in the Somerville, Arlington, and Greater Boston area)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday Observance – (honors the legacy of MLK)
- Tremendous Hearts – (provides highly-skilled volunteers who commit to a year or more of service to South African children’s homes and other agencies that care for orphans and vulnerable children)
- Women of Means – (provides medical services to homeless women and children)