Questions about online donations
Can I make donations using a credit card or deducted from my bank account?
You can now make donations to the church either by credit card or directly from your checking account, using a service provided by Vanco, a reputable firm that helps churches and non-profits accept donations and payments online.
How do I make an online donation?
Is this secure?
When you click on the link you will be taken to the church’s secure donation page. This page is maintained by Vanco. It is NOT on the church’s web server. You can learn more about this on the Vanco security page.
How exactly does the process work?
You will be asked to make the following choices:
- Whether to use a credit card or to make the donation directly from your checking account.
- The fund at PACC to which your donation should go — General Fund (for pledges and other regular donations), Deacons’ fund, Arlington Food Pantry, a special offering, etc.
- Whether you want to make a one-time donation, or to start a sequence of regular donations (weekly, monthly, or …).
If you want to split your donation among several of the church’s funds, you can do so.
Once you click “Continue” you will be taken to the page that asks for your financial information.
You will need to enter the number of your credit card or the routing and account numbers for your checking account. These numbers will be stored by Vanco in a secure manner; the church will see only a few digits from your card or account number.
When can I make donations?
There are a few quirks to the Vanco system. While there are no restrictions on credit card donations, we have noted the following:
- If you are making a one-time donation from your checking account (an ACH Donation), it will need to be scheduled for a business day (a weekday that is not a holiday).
- If you are scheduling a recurring sequence of donations, the first donation will need to be scheduled for a business day.
What is the ONLINE PROFILE?
If you wish to make most of your gifts to the church via this new online service, you may want to create an online profile. This “profile” or account automatically fills in your address and allows you to easily track all donations you have made, including the timing of recurring gifts.
Do I have to create an ONLINE PROFILE?
No. You can easily make a gift online without doing so. However, if you want to make a recurring gift, you will need to create a profile.
Ready to give?
Just click here to go to PACC’s online donation page.