Sunday, November 21, 2010
11:30am Laptop set up
12:00pm Do it yourself
Want to see how easy it is to add stuff to our web site? Come to a half-hour tutorial on Sunday after church. The tutorial will consist of a 15 minute demonstration at 11:45 followed by a 15 minute workshop at 12:00 where you can try creating and editing web pages yourself on your own computer. If you just want to watch, watch. If you want to do it yourself, bring your laptop to church and we will set you up (please show up at 11:30 so we can set up your computer before the others arrive).
If you want to use your laptop to create and edit web pages, please follow these instructions to create an account for yourself on the web site. I will make you an “editor” on Sunday morning.
- Go to www.pacc-ucc.org, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on “Login” in small letters in the lower right corner of the page.
- On the login page, click on “Register” in small letters in the lower left corner of the page.
- On the registration page, give a username (whatever you want) and an email address (where the system will send you email when you, for example, forget a password) and click on the “Register” button.
- Wait for an email message to appear in your email box (about 20-60 seconds).
- Log in again using the temporary password in that email message
- Go to www.pacc-ucc.org, enter your username and temporary password, and click the “Login” button.
- You will be asked to fill in a profile about yourself. Please be certain to give at least your first and last name, you can leave the rest blank if you want to. Most importantly, scroll to the bottom of the page and change your password: Just enter your new password in the two blanks given. The “Strength” indicator is trying to tell you how hard the system thinks your password would be for someone else to guess.