Dance groups using the church
Many small organizations and groups rent space at PACC on an on-going basis. Among the groups, we have a Country Dance Group and a Contra Dance Group who use our Parish Hall on different evenings. They welcome newcomers to learn a few new steps and experience the fun of dance in an informal atmosphere.
- The Country Dance group, which brings their own talented instrumentalists (strings and piano, sometimes other instruments, too) meets on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 10:30 PM in our Parish Hall. For additional information, check out their website at http://www.cds-boston.org/.
- The Folk Arts Center of New England hosts a “Friday Folk Dance” series every Friday (with a few exceptions) from 8:00-11:00 PM in the Parish Hall. They feature an evening of participatory international folk dance with a special welcome to beginners. Dances are taught most of the evening, partners are not necessary…and they have live music 1-2 nights per month.
- For more information, please contact:
The Folk Arts Center of New England
781-662-7475 – Folkfone: 781-662-7476
- Speledans offers two forms of Scandinavian dance:
- Scandinavian Dancing (1st and 3rd Saturdays): Dances from Scandinavian are danced and taught by Speledans dance leaders from 8 to 10:30 pm. Always live music by either Matt Fichtenbaum or John Chambers and friends. Great fun, great exercise for all level dancers. Early teaching and request program. Singles and couples always welcome. Swedish couple dances such as Hambo, Boda, Bingsj, Rttvik, Mellparing, Ore, Schottis, Rrospols, lvdalen, Svv, Stigvals, Orsa, and other Polskas are generally featured.
- Gammaldans (2nd Sundays): From 2-5 pm, “Easy” Scandinavian dances is now combined with “more Mostly Waltz” for more interesting Sunday Afternoon Dancing. Two waltzes are alternated with two easy Scandinavian dances such as Hambo, Schottish, Norwegian Polka, etc. Dances are reviewed, taught, or demonstrated as requested. All dances are posted ahead of time. Live music is provided by John Chambers and friends.