Evening Bible Group
- you’ve come to PACC for just a short time or for a long time,
- you’re interested in some in-depth reading of the Bible,
- you know a lot about the Bible or not much,
- you’d enjoy the company of others who are interested in discussing Biblical texts or themes,
- you’d welcome a small-group experience with supportive people who are not afraid to ask questions because they don’t have all the answers,
- you can imagine yourself seeking a spiritual presence with others who are seeking the same thing,
- you’d like to discover how the ancient biblical texts can be relevant and meaningful in the twenty-first century…
we would enjoy welcoming you at Evening Bible Group.
Started by our recently retired Pastor, Rev. Dr. William A. Albright, almost two decades ago, the Bible study has become an integral part of PACC. With a group of committed “regulars” and those who drop in periodically, we bond with each other as we learn and grow.
PACC’s Interim Minister, The Reverend Jill Small, has a long-standing interest in exegesis (the critical interpretation of a text) with particular expertise in the study of Hebrew scripture. Jill will be leading the Bible study this year with a very interactive approach, so it’s work and it’s fun!
We are meeting on the third and fourth Wednesdays in June 2017. We gather at 7:30 p.m., allowing a few minutes for “check-in,” then have our discussion on a particular text or texts, or sometimes a theme, from the Bible. We meet for an hour and a half — ending promptly at 9:00 p.m. Join us in the Fellowship Room, the accessible room, with the Dallin stained glass windows, like the one in the photo above, alongside the Paul Revere Road entrance to the church building.
As of June 2017, we are studying the Second Book of Samuel from the Old Testament. On June 21st we will be beginning with 2 SAM. chapter 12.