Evening Bible Group
- you’ve come to PACC for just a short time or for a long time,
- you’re interested in some in-depth reading of the Bible,
- you know a lot about the Bible or not much,
- you’d enjoy the company of others who are interested in discussing Biblical texts or themes,
- you’d welcome a small-group experience with supportive people who are not afraid to ask questions because they don’t have all the answers,
- you can imagine yourself seeking a spiritual presence with others who are seeking the same thing,
- you’d like to discover how the ancient biblical texts can be relevant and meaningful in the twenty-first century…
we would enjoy welcoming you at Evening Bible Group.
Started by our retired pastor, the Rev. Dr. William A. Albright, almost two decades ago, the Bible study has become an integral part of PACC. With a group of committed “regulars” and those who drop in periodically, we bond with each other as we learn and grow.
Our current pastor, the Rev. Leah Lyman Waldron, focuses on a text from the coming Sunday’s sermon. We get a sneak peek for the sermon as we explore the chosen scripture’s context and what it might mean for us together. We share a lot of laughs and ask a lot of questions – and we’d love to have you join us!
We meet on the second and fourth Wednesdays. We gather at 7:30 p.m., allowing a few minutes for “check-in,” then have our discussion on a particular text or texts, or sometimes a theme, from the Bible. We meet for an hour and a half — ending promptly at 9:00 p.m. Join us in the accessible Fellowship Room, alongside the Paul Revere Road entrance to the church building. *We are currently meeting virtually via ZOOM. Please contact the office at email@example.com if you’d like to join. *