We at the Park Avenue Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, in accordance with our mission statement, continually seek to improve our Christian ministry:
As a Church
- To welcome and be open to all who seek God’s love and to make real in our community the love of Christ for all people.
- To foster environments for meaningful worship experiences including the preaching and reading of God’s word as it applies to everyday life.
- To provide inspirational music in the worship service, as well as other musical experiences for both children and adults.
- To offer diverse educational programs that deepen our understanding of our Christian heritage, nurture spiritual growth, and encourage dialogue among all ages.
- To support a variety of outreach ministries at the local, national, and international level, and promote the Church’s role in peace and justice.
- To provide fellowship opportunities for all ages through group social events and community sponsored programs.
- To include and nurture understanding of, all individuals of whatever gender, age, race, color, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation, physical appearance, economic or marital status.
- To share our joys and the fruits of our labor, for these are the gifts of God, and to support one another whenever illness, sorrow, or personal difficulty weakens us.
- To forgive one another willingly as God expects us to and as God forgives us.
- To live out the essence of The Great Commandment (love God with all your being and your neighbor as yourself); The Golden Rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you); and The Great Commission (go and make disciples).