What’s Happening at PACC
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 7:30pm: Learning to Pray
- Saturday, November 10, 10am-12:30pm: CONNECT Community Series presents Listening Beyond the Political Divide: a Better Angels Skills Workshop
- Tuesday, Nov. 13: ballots due for deacons election
- Wednesday, November 14, 7:3opm: Bible study
- Saturday, November 17, 10am-4pm: “Celebrate the Season” – a fresh take on PACC’s annual holiday fair!
Spotlight: Listening Across the Political Divide
There’s a lot of stress these days among family members and friends who are divided politically, and the current polarized public conversation doesn’t help. Join Park Avenue and First Parish UU on Saturday, Nov. 10 from 10am-12:30pm to learn skills for having respectful conversations that clarify differences, search for common ground, and affirm the importance of the relationship.
After a presentation, you will have an opportunity to practice conversation skills. You will practice in a pair with someone of your same political persuasion — red or blue. “Reds” lean conservative and tend to vote Republican. “Blues” lean liberal and tend to vote Democratic. If you fall somewhere in the middle, you can choose a side for purposes of practicing the skills.
Meet Pastor Leah
The Reverend Leah Lyman Waldron is our pastor at Park Avenue. Leah’s vision for the church is pastoral care that helps people feel God’s loving presence, preaching that makes scripture come alive and illustrates how we might live out God’s call in our daily lives, and equipping the faith community to discern how the Spirit is calling us to make God’s love tangible in this world. Read more about Leah, and join us every Sunday morning at 10am for worship together.