Join us each Sunday morning for worship at 10 and coffee at 11 with Sunday School for children during the service. We provide a sanctuary where individuals and families can pray, give thanks for their blessings and participate in God’s healing. We nurture our growth as Christians through our education programs for all ages. We offer ourselves for Christian service in order to put our faith into action with others. We are an Open and Affirming congregation. We have a traditional service, progressive theology, and educational programs for all ages.
Islam 101 on February 22 at 7pm
Jews, Christians, and Muslims trace their faiths to a single patriarch: Abraham. Our scriptures tell similar, though not identical, stories about this father of many nations. Each faith’s beliefs also are similar, though not identical.
It’s always been important to find common ground and to respect difference. It’s never been more important than it is today when information can become misinformation so quickly.
Park Avenue Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, is pleased to welcome Imam Sami Aziz and Vjosa Querimi on February 22 at 7:00-9:00pm for an evening presentation and discussion about Islam: what are Islam’s beliefs, how is it like Judaism and Christianity and how is it different; what does Islam teach about women and men, about rights and responsibilities?
Imam Sami Aziz and Vjosa Querimi are a married couple, educators, and peacemakers from Common Ground Services in Bloomfield, CT. Sami Aziz also serves as the Muslim chaplain at Wesleyan University.
This program is sponsored by PACC’s Christian Education and Mission & Justice Ministries. Come learn with us. Peace. Shalom. Salaam.
Listen to a recent performance of Ave Maria by Jeffrey Brody, our music director and organist, performed by the PACC Festival Choir at the recent Christmas Concert on December 4.
Mission and Justice
Our Mission and Justice ministry supports many programs in the area, and we received nice letters of thanks — describing the good work these organizations do — from
- Arlington Food Pantry
- A Bed for Every Child
- City Mission
- International Institute of New England
- New England Center and Home for Veterans
- One Can Help
- Partners in Health
- Somerville Homeless Coalition
- Feb 5, Food Pantry Collection
- Monthly donations for the Arlington Food Pantry will be collected.
- Feb 7, 7:30pm, Knitting Group
- Bring your handcrafts and join us for conversation from 7:30 – 9:00 pm in the Fellowship Room.
- Feb 11, 10:00am, Sarah’s Circle
- Feb 12, 3:00pm, PACC Concert Series
- Feb 13, 7:30pm, Council of Deacons meeting
- Feb 16, 11:30am, Women’s Guild
- Feb 12, 4:00pm, New Members Meeting
- Feb 19, 4:00pm, New Members Meeting
- Feb 22, 7:00pm, Islam 101
- Feb 27, Community Supper
- Feb 28, 5:30pm, Shrove Pancake Dinner