Join us each Sunday morning for worship at 10 and coffee at 11 with Sunday School for children during the service. We provide a sanctuary where individuals and families can pray, give thanks for their blessings and participate in God’s healing. We nurture our growth as Christians through our education programs for all ages. We offer ourselves for Christian service in order to put our faith into action with others. We are an Open and Affirming congregation. We have a traditional service, progressive theology, and educational programs for all ages.
Mission and Justice
Listen to a recent performance of Ave Maria by Jeffrey Brody, our music director and organist, performed by the PACC Festival Choir at the recent Christmas Concert on December 4.
Together at Last: Sisters in Life, Sisters in Song
On February 12 at 3:00pm, the PACC Concert Series is pleased to welcome Resident Artist, Joanna Porackova (on the left in the photo), and her sister, Mary Ann Beatty, who will be accompanied by Resident Artist, Jeffrey Brody, in a concert at Park Avenue Congregational Church in Arlington Heights. Ticket prices in advance are Adults $18, Seniors/Students $12 and at the door, $23 and $15. Reserve advance tickets by calling the Church Office at 781-643-8680 (if necessary, leave a message), and tickets will be held for you at the door. These two renowned professional singers will perform selections from a range of traditions in English, French, Czech, Chinese, Japanese, Italian and Russian. See the PACC Concert Series for more information.
- Jan 3, 7:30pm, PACC-Men
- The PACC-Men will gather for fellowship, a presentation by PACC member James Williams, M.D., and light refreshments at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 3rd in the Fellowship Room.
- Jan 7, 9:00am, Removal of Greens
- Come and volunteer to help take down the greens January 7 at 9:00am.
- Jan 8, 10:00am, Worship service
- Jan 16, Martin Luther King Day
- Church Office closed. Some special activities are planned.
- Jan 10, 7:30pm, Knitting Group
- Bring your handcrafts and join us for conversation on January 10 from 7:30 – 9:00 pm in the Fellowship Room.
- Jan 11, 7:30pm, Bible Study
- Jan 15, 10:00am, Worship service
- Jan 15, 11:30am, Annual budget meeting
- Jan 17, 6:30pm, Sunset Service
- Meeting at 6:30pm in the Fellowship Room. All will enjoy a simple meal during which we hear a word from the Bible and talk about it. All ages welcome. There will be singing and praying.
- Jan 19, 11:30am, Women’s Guild
- The Women’s Guild will meet on January 19, at 11:30. We will resume the brown bag lunch practice with coffee and tea and dessert provided by the hostesses who are Anita Clarke and Donna Smith. As always, all women of the church are invited and we look forward to the time of fellowship.
- Jan 21, 10:00am, Sarah’s Circle
- The women’s book group meets in the Fellowship Room from 10am – Noon (Meditation begins at 9:30am). This month’s book is: The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the Winter Solstice, by Carolyn McVickar Edwards.
- Jan 22, 10:00am, Worship service
- Jan 22, 12:00pm, Annual Meeting preceeded by a luncheon
- Jan 23, 4:30pm, Community Supper
- Join us for our monthly turn providing dinner for the Somerville Homeless Coalition’s Community Supper on Monday, January 23, 4:30-6:00 pm at First Church UCC, 89 College Ave., Somerville, near Davis Square.
- Jan 24, 7:30pm, Bible Study
- Jan 29, 10:00am, Worship service
- Feb 12, 3:00pm, PACC Concert Series